Sculpture network Experience documenta (13)
5 - 8 July 2012 Kassel, Germany
Registration deadline: 15th of March 2012
Join our Experience to one of the most discussed and visited contemporary art events in the world. Have an insight look into this important art exhibition and be guided by two renowned art historians. This joint visit will give you the opportunity to exchange thoughts about the art works on show, share meals in a nice atmosphere and network with art professionals.
The Experience program is guided by
- Anne Berk, Dutch art critic, writer, curator and correspondent of sculpture network
- Saskia Wijne, Dutch art historian, specialized in contemporary art and an art advisor
Thursday 5th of July
- Official welcome and introduction by Anne Berk and Saskia Wijne
- Dinner and networking in a local restaurant
Friday and Saturday 6th/7th of July
- documenta (13) dialogue
After visiting specific parts of the exhibition a selection of art works will be discussed. Berk or Wijne moderate this interactive dialogue and give information about the background of the works and the curator´s choice. You are invited to describe the artworks and exchange your thoughts and associations with each other.
documenta (13) dialogue takes place in groups (max. 15 persons per group).
Duration: 3 hours per day. The other part of the day you are free to look around documenta (13) by yourself.
- Dinner and networking in a local restaurant.
The fee includes:
- 3 nights incl. breakfast at Elwe Jail Hostel
- 3 dinners in different restaurants (beverages not included)
- 2-day ticket for documenta (13)
- Introduction to the exhibition on arrival date
- Documenta (13) dialogue by Anne Berk or Saskia Wijne (2 x 3 hours)
Members of sculpture network: 420 €, Non-Members: 500 €.
The prices without hotelaccomodation are: Members of sculpture network: 300 €, Non-members: 380 €.www.sculpture-network.org