Welcome to Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2008
We are pleased to write to you introducing the 12th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi which is being held from 16 October - 2 November 2008.
Sculpture by the Sea is the largest and most popular sculpture exhibition in Australia, staged over 3 weeks along 2km of the spectacular Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk in Sydney. The exhibition sites over 100 sculptures from Australian and overseas artists with an estimated 500,000 visitors and generates significant sculpture sales.
We are also pleased to announce the annual Sculpture by the Sea Conference "Sculpture in Public Space "will be held at the Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney on 16 October. As we begin the call for artists' submissions for our 2008 Bondi exhibition, We are writing with the hope that you may be able to inform your contacts, members or students about the exhibition and conference.
Artists are invited to submit proposals or completed works for pre-selection.
Please [click here] visit our website www.sculpturebythesea.com to download the Application & Entry Form which can be found on our homepage and under the "downloads" tab. The Application and Entry Form outlines artist subsidies and following are the awards and subsidies confirmed to date:
· The Sculpture by the Sea Prize of $30,000 (non acquisitive);
· All artists who do not secure at least $2,000 from Sculpture by the Sea in the form of either: sales, prizes; or subsidies will receive the amount necessary to ensure they receive at least $2,000 towards their costs;
· The Clitheroe Foundation Mentor Program of $6,500 for each of 3 selected emerging Australian artists and $2,500 for each of their mentors;
· 4 subsidies of $3,000 for artists of site specific sculptures that by their nature are unlikely to be sold;
· Return economy class airfares to Sydney for 8 overseas artists;
· Return economy class airfares to Sydney for 8 interstate artists; and
· Material sponsorship for selected artists including aluminium, plasma or oxycut sheet metal.
Submissions should be sent to: Sculpture by the Sea, PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 by 7 April 2008. Please note, the dates for selected artists to attend preliminary site meetings has been incorrectly printed on Application and Entry Form and should read: Thursday 1 May; Friday 2 May; and Saturday 3 May, 2008.
www.sculpturebythesea.com Bondi 16 October - 2 November 2008 Cottesloe 6 - 18 March 2008
www.beachcomberfiji.com Fiji Swim 24 - 26 August 2008
PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Suite 302, 61 Marlborough Street, Surry Hills NSW Australia
p. +61 2 8399 0233 f. +61 2 8399 2322