(deadline 19 May 2014)
We are writing to invite you to submit an application for the fourth biennial Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark to be staged along the coastal walk from Tangkrogen to Ballehage in Aarhus, Denmark from 5 June - 5 July 2015. With approximately 500,000 visitors over a period of four weeks, the exhibition is quickly establishing itself as an iconic sculpture exhibition in Denmark and Europe. The exhibition is launched under the patronage of The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark. In 2015 the curatorial panel will consist of:
- Henrik B. Andersen, Sculptor and former Professor for Sculpture, The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. Professor at the Sculpture Department and Head of the International MA Program, Vilnius Academy of Fine Arts, Lithuania;
- Axel Arnott, Head Curator, Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark and Curatorial Director at Artmap studio, Australia.
- Dr. Michael Hill, Head of Art Theory & History, National Art School, Sydney, Australia;
- Marie Nipper, Chief Curator, ARoS Aarhus Kunstmuseum, Denmark; and
- Jesper Rasmussen, Head of The Jutland Art Academy, Denmark.
- The Sculpture by the Sea, Aarhus Prize of 50,000 DKK (EUR 6,700);
- The Public Choice Prize of 25,000 DKK (EUR 3,300);
- The Children's Choice Prize of 25,000 DKK (EUR 3,300); and
- Subsidies of 10,000 DKK (EUR 1,300) for all artists selected from the Open Call.
To apply for the exhibition please download an Application and Entry Form from:www.sculpturebythesea.com/artists/aarhus.aspx
Please note that the deadline for all submissions is 3:00pm (Central European Time Zone) on 19 May 2014.
For further information about our Aarhus exhibition visit the Danish Sculpture by the Sea website: www.sculpturebythesea.dk